The Council is chartered to create an executable plan for the Town to conserve energy, optimize resources, implement more efficient technologies, evaluate alternative fuels and vehicles, reduce carbon emissions and encourage residents to comply with their personal responsibilities..
The Council will:
1. Conduct a greenhouse gas emissions inventory and forecast
2. Recommend a short and long term greenhouse gas reduction target
3. Assist the Town in implementing the reduction plan
4. Monitor and report on progress
5. Establish effective two way communications with residents
6. Collaborate with neighboring towns on common issues and challenges